From now on, we will talk about how to configure the Wi-Fi router Netgear. First, we go to its interface: open any of the installed browsers and enter “192.168.1.1” or “www.routerlogin.net” in the address bar, press “Enter”; an authorization window appears in which you must enter the router information (default: login – “admin”, password – “password”).
- Let’s start setting up the Internet: go to the “Internet” section in the interface of the router;
- in the column “Do you need to connect …” specify “No”;
- mark the field “Use static IP-address”;
- enter the data for the IP address, subnet mask and gateway, which are specified in the contract (they can also be found by the provider’s technical support provider); mark the field “Use these DNS servers” and fill in the data for the main and additional DNS (you can find them either from the contract or from technical support);
- Click “Apply” to save all settings.
To configure the wireless connection, follow the instructions below:
- go to the “Wireless settings” section;
- in the column “Name (SSID)” we give a name for our network (it can be any), it will be displayed in the list of connections; go to the “Security Settings” section and mark “WPA2-PSK [ASE]”;
- An additional settings window opens where you must specify a password for this connection (you can use numeric and alphabetic combinations of 8 characters in length); click “Apply”.